In Lost Ark, Soulfist is a Martial Artist advanced class that has a unique set of abilities. It focuses on an interesting mix of melee and ranged attacks, combined with traditional Martial Artists' moves like punches and kicks with magic and spells. This is a versatile class with a high skill ceiling. Soulfist is equipped with a decent amount of mobility and tankiness and can rival most of the DPS-heavy classes in the end game.
Lost Ark Soulfist Leveling Build
Leveling in Lost Ark is more of a tutorial for the class than anything else and you will have a fairly smooth experience doing just about anything with any type of build. That being said, Soulfist is one of the easiest classes to level up compared to support classes such as Paladin or Bard. To maximize damage output while leveling, you should put all your skill points into the following skills:
- Lightning Palm
- Heavenly Squash
- Magnetic Palm
- Deadly Finger
- Flash Step (for mobility)
- These are the recommended and effective skills that you need to rush to level 10, but try out anything that suits you. The crucial thing is that you pick one good AoE and one good single target skill, which will allow you to burst down enemies quicker.
- Another thing that you need to remember is to group down enemies before bursting them. This applies to all classes at all levels.
The Best Lost Ark Soulfist Build for PvE
When you reach level 50 and have completed the Vern main questline, most of the end-game content will be unlocked such as Abyssal Dungeons, Guardian Raids, and Chaos Dungeons. However, at that point you need to tweak your skills to maximize damage output.
There are two builds for Soulfist (Spec/Crit & Pure Spec), but the most effective build is running full Specialization. The only stat that will give you Critical is your necklace. The reason for this is Specialization increases the buffs you gained from Hype Mode and the damage of your Awakening when in Hype Mode, which we will talk about later in this guide.
- Pulverizing Palm: Excellent Mobility - Ready Attack (Bleed)
- Lightning Palm: Prepared Attacker - Burning Hands - Merciless Hands (Galewind)
- Heavenly Squash: Hard Hitter - Burning Hands - Exquisite Attack (Judgment)
- Flash Step: Excellent Mobility - Victory Shout (Quick Recharge)
- Shadowbreaker: Predator - Weak Point Detection - 6th Sense (Overwhelm)
- Force Orb: Quick Prep - Powerful Wave - Scattering Wave (Conviction)
- Merciless Pummel: Hard Hitter - Coldhearted - Double Up (Galewind)
- Energy Release: Fighting Spirit Enhance - Energy Release Enhance - Ready Attack (Galewind)
- Awakening: World Decimation
Your skill rotation is the key to optimizing maximum damage output. This can be done with efficient rotation of attack power buffs.
Enter Hype Mode (press Z) - Energy Release - World Decimation
Your World Decimation has the highest single target damage skill in the game, but it takes time to master and hit it properly. This awakening takes time to charge up and most of the time, the boss will move away from it before you can even cast it. That's why it's crucial to read boss patterns and movements. A good tip for casting your awakening is after a stagger phase or when the boss is mid-animation.
Typical Skill Rotation
Enter Hype Mode - Energy Release - Merciless Pummel - Shadowbreaker - Force Orb - Pulverizing Palm - Heavenly Squash - Lightning Palm
- Your Energy Release is your primary buff skill that increases your party's attack power by 6.0%, and increases your own attack power by 40% while having -25% incoming damage for 6 seconds.
- Merciless Pummel is one of the strongest normal skills in the Soulfist's skill that hits multiple times. Shadowbreaker, on the other hand, is a quick-cast skill that deals high stagger damage to the bosses.
- Lightning Palm: This is your counter skill and can be used if the boss has a counter window.
- Pulverizing Palm: This skill can be used as a gap closer and a self-buff skill which increases your Attack Power by 25% for 4 seconds.
- Flash Step: This is your primary mobility skill that lets you dash three times in a row. This is useful especially if you're caught in a bad position. Using this skill also grants you 10% Attack Power for three seconds and can stack up to three times. Do take note that the more you use it in succession, the more energy it consumes. So use it wisely!
If you have the proper engraving for your class, it will provide you with powerful benefits in the end-game content. There are two primary engravings for Soulfist:
- Precise Dagger: This increases your crit rate and makes up for the lack of stat points invested in Crit.
- Robust Spirit: This class engraving lets you skip Hype mode to level 3. This also doubles your resource regeneration rate and increases the damage of your skills.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Master of Ambush: This engraving synergizes well with most of your skills mostly with the back attack affix.
- Awakening: This allows you to cast your awakening more often, which means you can deal so much damage with the decreased cooldown. But don't focus on this engraving and it's fine to leave them at level 1 or 2.
These engravings are the best for end-game content but the penalties attached to these can be hard for amateur players. Only use these engravings if you are confident and experienced with using the Soulfist.
- Grudge: Increases damage done while also increasing damage received.
- Curse Doll: This engraving boosts your attack power by 16% while giving you a 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty could be punishing for inexperienced players who are not familiar with boss mechanics.
Overall, the Soulfist is one of the most versatile classes in Lost Ark, letting you buff your party members while dealing a massive amount of damage. Soulfist's mobility is the thing I enjoy the most since I can dodge the boss' attacks and reposition myself to a safe spot while poking at him with ranged attacks.