Season 7 is well underway, and there have been many changes, including some hero adjustments. The meta has shifted, and several characters have dropped from the pinnacle while some have maintained their status. Here are all the best Overwatch Agents for Season 7.
There haven’t been any significant changes to the tank meta, as most of the best defensive heroes are still on the top. The three S-tier characters for this role are still the most dominant ones for the current meta. Here are the best Tanks for Overwatch 2 Season 7:
Sigma (Difficult) - Sigma has remained a staple in the Overwatch 2 meta due to his versatility, defensive capabilities, and ability to disrupt enemy formations. His high skill ceiling rewards players who master his unique powers and positioning.
- High Damage Output: Sigma's primary fire, Experimental Barrier, can significantly damage enemies, primarily when used up close. Kinetic Grasp's secondary fire can absorb enemy projectiles and convert them into damage-dealing shots. This combination of damage-dealing abilities allows him to engage enemies at both close and medium range effectively.
- Strong Defensive Capabilities: Sigma's Experimental Barrier can block enemy fire and protect allies. His Kinetic Grasp ability can also absorb enemy ultimates, such as Reinhardt's Earthshatter or Zarya's Graviton Surge, making him a valuable asset for countering enemy offensive plays.
- Versatility: Sigma can be played as both an offensive and defensive tank. He can deal significant damage, protect his allies, and control the battlefield with his abilities. His ability to adapt to various situations makes him a valuable addition to any team composition.
Orisa (Average) - Orisa has grown in popularity in the Season 7 Meta due to her reworked kit and increased damage output. Her ability to deal with consistent damage, disrupt enemy formations, and empower her allies makes her an asset in offensive and defensive playstyles.
- High Damage Output: Orisa's primary fire, Fusion Driver, can significantly damage enemies, mainly when used up close. Her secondary fire, Halt!, can pull enemies towards her, making them easy targets for her primary fire and allied attacks.
- Strong Crowd Control Capabilities: Orisa's Halt! can disrupt enemy formations and pull enemies out of position. Her Supercharger can increase the damage of allied projectiles, making it a powerful tool for pushing through enemy defenses.
- Versatility: Orisa can be played as an offensive and defensive tank. She can deal significant damage, protect her allies, and control the battlefield with her abilities. Her versatility makes her a popular choice for both professional and casual players.
D.Va (Average) - D.Va has been a consistent fixture in the Overwatch meta for several seasons due to her mobility, burst damage, and ability to disrupt enemy formations. Her ability to quickly reposition herself and create chaos for the enemy team makes her valuable in offensive and defensive playstyles.
- High Mobility: D.Va's Defense Matrix ability can absorb enemy projectiles, making it a powerful tool for protecting herself and her allies. Her Boosters ability allows her to fly around the battlefield, making it difficult for enemies to hit her.
- Strong Burst Damage: D.Va's Micro Missiles can deal a significant amount of damage to enemies, mainly when used up close. Her ultimate ability, Self-Destruct, can instantly destroy most enemies and be used to clear out capture points or force enemies to retreat.
- Versatility: D.Va can be played as both an offensive and defensive tank. She can deal significant damage, protect her allies, and disrupt enemy formations with her abilities. Her versatility makes her a valuable addition to any team composition.
This role has slightly changed, but some top damage dealers are still here. This season values heroes who can deal with significant attacks while providing additional utilities like heals, movement speed, and defensive skills. Here are the best DPS characters for the current meta of Overwatch 2:
Soldier: 76 (Easy) - Soldier: 76 has consistently maintained a strong presence in the Overwatch 2 meta due to his versatility, reliability, and ability to adapt to various team compositions and map types. His straightforward kit and forgiving playstyle make him an accessible hero for players of all skill levels.
- High Damage Output: Soldier: 76's Pulse Rifle can deal consistent damage to enemies due to its high rate of fire and large magazine size. Additionally, his Tactical Visor ultimate ability can further amplify his damage output, making him one of the most effective damage dealers in the game.
- Strong Self-Healing Capabilities: Soldier: 76's Biotic Field ability can heal himself and nearby allies, allowing him to stay in the fight longer and survive in prolonged engagements. This self-sustainability makes him a formidable opponent in 1v1 and team fights.
- High Mobility: Soldier: 76's Sprint ability grants him increased movement speed, enabling him to quickly traverse the battlefield, close the distance with enemies, and reposition himself effectively. This mobility allows him to adapt to various combat situations and contribute to offense and defense.
Sojourn (Difficult) - Sojourn's high damage output, crowd control capabilities, and mobility make her a formidable force in the current Overwatch 2 meta. However, her reliance on precision aiming and ability management can make her more challenging to master compared to Soldier: 76.
- High Damage Output: Sojourn's Railgun can deal significant damage in a single shot, making her a formidable sniper capable of eliminating enemies from a distance. Her Disruptor Shot can also damage and slow enemies, further enhancing her ability to control the battlefield and set up kills.
- Strong Crowd Control Capabilities: Sojourn's Power Slide ability allows her to knock enemies back and disrupt their positioning, perfect for disrupting enemy formations and creating opportunities for her team.
- High Mobility: Sojourn's Power Slide ability also grants her increased movement speed and enables her to reposition herself, making her difficult to pin down and allowing her to flank enemies effectively quickly.
Mei (Average) - Mei's ability to freeze enemies, deal significant damage, and control the battlefield makes her a valuable asset in the current Overwatch 2 meta. However, her reliance on close quarters combat and her vulnerability outside her defensive abilities can make her more situational than Soldier: 76 and Sojourn.
- High Damage Output: Mei's Endothermic Blaster can freeze enemies, rendering them immobile and vulnerable to her attacks and those of her allies. This ability makes her a formidable damage dealer, especially in close-quarters combat.
- Strong Crowd Control Capabilities: Mei's Blizzard's ultimate ability can freeze multiple enemies in a large area, effectively disabling them and creating opportunities for her team to secure kills and control objectives.
- High Survivability: Mei's Cryo-Freeze ability can encase her in ice, invulnerable to damage and giving her time to heal herself. Additionally, her Ice Block ultimate ability grants her temporary invulnerability, allowing her to withstand powerful attacks and escape dangerous situations.
The healer role is the one that has seen some significant changes. Heroes that have a mix of offensive utilities and high healing are highly valued for this season. Here are the best Supports for the current Overwatch meta:
Baptiste (Average) - Baptiste has remained a staple in the Overwatch 2 meta due to his consistent healing output, defensive capabilities, and ability to adapt to various playstyles. He is a reliable choice for players who want to support their team and significantly impact the battlefield.
- High Healing Output: Baptiste's Biotic Launcher can heal multiple allies simultaneously to keep his team alive in prolonged fights. His Regenerative Burst ability can quickly recover a single partner or himself, making it a versatile tool for emergencies.
- Strong Defensive Capabilities: Baptiste's Protective Barrier can block enemy fire and protect allies. His Immortality Field ability can temporarily prevent allies from dying, making it a powerful tool for countering enemy ultimates and securing team fights.
- Versatility: Baptiste can provide healing and damage output, making him a versatile support hero. He can also use his abilities to protect his allies and disrupt enemy formations.
Ana (Difficult) - Ana remains a popular pick in the Season 7 Meta due to her high skill ceiling and ability to make game-changing plays. Her high-impact abilities and powerful ultimate can turn the tide of a battle.
- High Skill Ceiling: Ana is one of the most challenging support heroes to master, but her high skill ceiling can be rewarding for players who invest the time to teach her. Her Biotic Rifle requires precise aiming and timing, while her Biotic Grenade and Nano Boost abilities significantly impact the outcome of team fights.
- High Impact Abilities: Ana's Biotic Rifle can significantly damage enemies, while her Biotic Grenade can heal allies or damage enemies. Her Nano Boost ability can temporarily amplify an ally's damage output, making it a powerful tool for securing kills and winning team fights.
- Game-Changing Ultimate Ability: Ana's ultimate ability, Sleep Dart, can instantly put an enemy to sleep, making them vulnerable to attacks from her allies. This ability can effectively disable enemy tanks, supports, or damage dealers, giving her team a significant advantage in team fights.
Kiriko (Average) - Kiriko has quickly gained popularity in the Season 7 Meta due to her unique healing style, protective solid abilities, and adaptive playstyle, as she can reach allies under challenging positions and provide timely protection.
- Unique Healing Style: Kiriko's Healing Ofuda can heal allies through walls and obstacles, making it a versatile tool for reaching partners under challenging positions. Her Swift Step ability allows her to quickly teleport to allies, enabling her to reposition herself and provide healing or Support wherever it is needed.
- Strong Protective Abilities: Kiriko's Protection Suzu can cleanse allies of adverse effects and make them invulnerable for a short time, making it a powerful tool for countering enemy ultimates and protecting her team. Her ultimate ability, Kitsune Rush, enhances the speed and attack and movement speed of allies, making it a valuable asset for pushing through enemy defenses or securing objectives.
- Adaptive Playstyle: Kiriko can adapt her playstyle to various situations, providing healing and Support to her team. Her unique abilities and strong protective capabilities make her a valuable addition to any team composition.
Illari (Difficult) - Illari is a relatively new hero, but she has quickly impacted the Season 7 Meta.. Her ability to control the battlefield and make game-changing plays using her crowd control capabilities has earned her a place among the top-tier support heroes.
- High Mobility: Illari's Fox Form ability grants her increased movement speed and the ability to jump over obstacles, making her difficult to pin down and allowing her to reposition herself quickly. Meanwhile, her Field of Healing can heal allies in a wide area.
- Strong Crowd Control Capabilities: Illari's Pungent Blast ability can knock enemies back and disrupt their positioning. Her ultimate ability, Astral Projection, allows her to heal allies and damage enemies in a large area, making it a powerful tool for controlling the battlefield and turning the tide of team fights.
- Versatile Support: Illari can provide healing and crowd control, making her a universal support hero. She can also use her abilities to protect her allies and disrupt enemy formations.
Still, Try Out Other Heroes
The ones in this list are considered the heroes in most situations. However, some characters are better suited for specific instances, especially if you are trying to counter certain enemies. Any Overwatch 2 hero can still perform with S-tier characters if you master their kit and tactics.