- 1+ million worldwide members from over 140 countries
- 100% protection against buyer payment fraud
- Accept payments from buyers across the globe
- No membership fees
- No listing fees
- Advertising and promotional tools to boost sales
Sell In-Game Items for Real Money
Player-to-player trading is, as its name suggests, the act of players trading directly with other players. It encompasses many forms of transactions and trade. They trade items, in-game currency, accounts, services, or even real-world money.
People like convenience. ‘Work smarter, not harder,’ they say. Games want players to spend time on them, but what if they don’t have huge chunks of free time? All they have are 1-2 hour blocks spread out in a week. What if they can’t get the currency fast enough to buy this item that’s going away in a few hours? In this fast-paced world, everybody needs to get what they want when they want it.
Nothing More Convenient
Online sellers have the solution. They offer many solutions, actually, and they involve the various ways of selling in-game items.
In-game items include weapons, equipment, accessories, cosmetics, and materials or resources. Sure, obtaining one or two of them would be easy, but what if buyers need them in bulk? Otherwise, they can be a reward for a quest or challenge, but they can’t complete it. What can they do?
Online marketplaces have the answer: find players who sell game items!
What Items to Sell
Buyers have a preference for what they want to buy. It may depend on the game they’re playing, but you can be sure that all buyers need or want something.
Here are a few examples:
- Limited-Edition Items - These items are available for only a limited time. Outside of that, buyers can’t get them anymore in a normal way. There might be a chance to get it later, but you never know if and when the developers will decide to rerun an event or not.
- Rare Legendary/Epic Tier Equipment - Who wouldn’t want a shiny weapon or great armor with superior stats? These items are insanely difficult to obtain which is why they fetch a high price on the marketplace.
- Materials/Resources (in Bulk) - Some ingredients or materials can be hard to find, so it’s easier to just buy them off someone else. Bulk orders give good profit as well, as nobody wants to waste time grinding or farming for them.
- Cosmetics - Everybody likes seeing their character on the screen looking as good as it can get. Cosmetics help with that, and they’re in high demand in games with this kind of feature.
There’s even a type of service related to items. If the item in question is a reward from a difficult challenge or quest, you can offer to accompany the buyer to complete it. Some would even offer to pilot the buyer's account!
The Best Player-to-Player Marketplaces
The best marketplaces take care of their users, whether buyers or sellers. On the seller’s part, those sites that have a reputation system would be a good platform to trade on. After that, it’s up to the seller to keep up their reputation so buyers can trust them.
Also, find a site that can guarantee the safety of both buyers and sellers. Checking out sites that allow customers to leave feedback for future users can benefit both buyers and sellers, as buyers will tend to feel more safe and trustworthy sellers earn more sales.
Lastly, when finding a proper marketplace to sell game items for cash, sellers have to consider the community using it. While there are advantages to having a small community, they want a wider pool of potential buyers for their items. Smaller communities are more focused on certain things, so when sellers offer something outside of that, few would consider it. With a bigger community, they can be sure that there’s someone out there who wants or needs what they can offer.
As a final warning, please take the time to review the possible risks of player-to-player trading. Marketplace sites offer a platform to trade on but are not selling these items themselves. Contact the game’s publisher or consult its policies for a better understanding. If more questions or concerns arise, you may seek legal counsel for clarification.