A Teno’s weapon is the most powerful tool on his belt. Players can equip three armaments at the same time, which are categorized as primary, secondary, and melee weapons. The primary items are the main damage-dealing gear, so most players prioritize finding the most potent primary weapons they can find. This guide will show players how to optimize firepower by choosing the right equipment and finding the best Primary Weapon Warframe - updated for 2022.
Best Primary Weapon in Warframe
Aside from the three types of weapons, primaries are also separated into different categories. This type is further categorized as rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, and bows. Here are the differences between each of them:
- Rifles – This category is filled up with most primary weapons. Assault Rifles, Precision Rifles, Beam Weapons, and Explosive Launchers all fall under this section. These are the most used equipment due to their flexibility and all-roundedness.
- Shotguns – These guns are mainly used in close quarters. These weapons do big burst shots in short range, which can deal massive damage.
- Sniper Rifles – These weapons are mainly used to eliminate targets over long distances. Sniper Rifles also deal the most considerable single-target damage to enemies. The low rate of fire mitigates the potent shots.
- Bows – For players who prefer to engage in stealth, Bows are the best primary weapons for them. These items produce less noise when used, allowing Tenos to eliminate targets without alerting nearby enemies. While it does not deal as much damage as Sniper Rifles, Bows have a higher rate of fire.
Players rely mainly on their preferences with so many categories to choose from. However, there are instances where gamers need to adjust their weapon choice depending on the mission they will engage in.
So What are the Best Primary Weapons in Warframe?
Since hundreds of primary weapons are available for players in Warframe, it might be hard for gamers to determine which items they should take. This list will help them see which items are the most powerful. Here are the best primary weapons in Warframe:
- Kuva Zarr
- Proboscis Cernos
- Kuva Bramma
- Tenet Arca Plasmor
- Rubico Prime
- Ignis Wraith
- Tenet Envoy
All the weapons listed above are currently the most vital weapons players can have; however, even in this list, some are preferred by fans over others. Here are the weapons that are more popular than other S-ranks:
- Fulmin – This assault rifle has one of the best critical stats, which ensures its potency in battle. Most of the shots coming from this gun are electric and can easily take down most enemies.
- Phenmor – For players looking to have a gun with excellent slash damage, the Phenmor is one of the best ones to pick. This gun has a decent critical strike chance and great status chances, which allows this weapon to be used for hybrid builds. Alternatively, gamers have the option to specialize this gun in either stat.
- Ignis Wraith – This flamethrower has insane range and can pierce through enemies to deal massive damage. It has reliable critical and status effect chances. Its ability to take down hordes of enemies in a matter of seconds makes it one of the most potent weapons in the game.
- Bubonico – This shotgun is almost a cheat code due to its excellent status effects and critical chance. In addition, it has infinite ammo, which allows players to continue firing it after several seconds of resting. Its multishot barrage and AoE burst shot ensure it can adapt to the situation.
- Kuvo Bramma – Exploding arrows is Kuvo Bramma’s specialty. Aside from having comprehensive area coverage and splash damage, it has excellent critical hit and status ailment infliction. However, players should be wary of this bow's horrible ammo slot and self-stagger mechanic.
- Acceltra – On paper, this weapon is supposed to be a regular A-Tier weapon. However, this gun became one of the game's most powerful automatic rocket launchers. Its high critical chances make it one of the most incredible explosive weapons in the game.
- Cedo – This shotgun is one of the most popular weapons in the game due to its Condition Overload passive. Enemies affected by status ailments receive more damage from this weapon. Aside from having insane scaling, it deals massive damage and has an extensive AoE range.
- Kuva Zarr – This weapon is a fusion between a rocket launcher and a shotgun. It has excellent critical hit and status chances. Its wide radius and cluster bomblets make it easy for gamers to clear out swaths of enemies.
Alternative Warframe Primary Weapon Options
While players farm or look for the most potent weapons in Warframe, many notable items can fill in for the time being. These guns will fulfill their roles reliably until gamers obtain their preferred weapons. Here are some of the best alternative options:
- Kuva Kohm
- Kuva Ogris
- Kuva Chakkhurr
- Corinth Prime
- Vectis Prime
- Astilla Prime
- Tenet Flux Rifle
- Tenet Tetra
- Scourge Prime
- Kuva Hek
- Tenora Prime
- Opticor Vandal
- Soma Prime
- Kuva Tonkor
- Baza Prime
- Strun Prime
- Tigris Prime
- Tiberon Prime
- Vaykor Hek
- Kuva Quartakk
- Arca Plasmor
- Supra Vandal
- Nagantaka Prime
One thing Warframe gets right is how easy it is to obtain various powerful weapons at any game stage. The guns are fun, especially the more unique ones such as Ignis Wraith or Arca Plasmor. Find a gun that you enjoy using and Mod it properly – and if you find a Riven for your favorite firearm, consider it as the cherry on top.