Fortnite has had explosive success thanks to the popularity of its Battle Royale game mode. While it has three main game modes: Save the World, Battle Royale, and Creative, the Battle Royale stands above the rest. Players started picking up Fortnite when it released the free-to-play Battle Royale game mode in 2017 and gained meteoric popularity among gamers. That being said, even half a decade after release, players still struggle with how to get free V-Bucks in Fortnite.
Fortnite was initially a paid game with only the Save the World game mode available. Players had to pay to get the game. Following the rising popularity of the battle royale genre to gamers around the world, Fortnite decided to release the Battle Royale game mode only months after its initial release. At first, it was supposed to be paid content like Save the World, but the developers eventually decided to release it as free-to-play content, much to the delight of fans.
The Fortnite V-Bucks
Fortnite’s success is attributed to its free-to-play Battle Royale game mode. With its primary game mode free for users to access, Fortnite’s revenue comes from in-game purchases. Fortnite is filled with great content and amazing cosmetics for players to get. Sometimes these cosmetics are given away through events and quest rewards, but more often than not, cosmetics are obtained by purchasing them in the game’s Item Shop, and the main currency used to purchase them is V-Bucks.
V-Bucks is the game’s premium currency. It can be used to buy most items available in the Item Shop, among other things. However, V-Bucks aren’t that easy to come by. You will need to grind hard if you want to earn some V-Bucks. The best way to get your hands on them is by buying them, but not everyone can spend their money on them. This guide will tell you the different ways you can get V-Bucks, aside from just spending money.
Getting V-Bucks for Free
While V-Bucks can certainly buy many items, not everyone has the spare cash lying around to spend on buying them. However, there are some ways where players can get V-Bucks for free. Here are some of them:
- The Free Battle Pass
- With every new season release comes a battle pass. All players are given the Free Battle Pass and have the option to upgrade it to a premium Battle Pass for V-Bucks. Getting the Free Battle Pass to level 100 earns players 300 V-Bucks. The best way to make the most out of these free V-Bucks is to accumulate them and use them to purchase the premium Battle Pass that gives players 1,500 V-Bucks upon completion. The cost of upgrading the Battle Pass is only 950 V-Bucks, so that means an extra 550 V-Bucks for the player to save and spend.
- Special Events
- As with most games, Fortnite releases in-game events every now and then to keep things fresh and fun. These events often come with challenges that reward players upon completion. It is very rare, but sometimes these events reward players with a small amount of V-Bucks.
- Playing in tournaments
- This one is for the sweaty Fortnite players out there. Players with a strong competitive spirit that spend hours honing their skills in the game can opt to join online or local tournaments. These tournaments give out handsome cash or V-Bucks prizes for those who win, and sometimes even small rewards for those that place lower. Players who are not confident with their skills can still try. Who knows, maybe luck can pave the way for a win.
- Redemption Codes
- There are special occasions where Epic Games releases redeem codes that players can use to claim rewards. While the rewards are often cosmetics, there are times when they give V-Bucks. Take note that this is a rare occurrence, so this will be a very slow method of getting free V-Bucks. Make sure to keep an eye out!
Invest Money to Earn V-Bucks
Of course, the easiest way to get V-Bucks is by buying them with real money. While this is not an option for some, players can use their money to purchase V-Bucks directly. Other players can save up money and buy V-Bucks for content that will eventually earn the V-Bucks they spent and a little bit more. Here are some of the more costly ways to get V-Bucks.
- Purchase V-Bucks with real money
- The most straightforward way to get V-Bucks is through direct purchase. Players can go to the in-game store and look for V-Bucks offers. Here’s a quick tip: players who are in no immediate need of V-Bucks can save their money for later so they can buy more. Sometimes Fortnite offers V-Bucks with a little bonus, which increases the more V-Bucks players purchase. There are also instances where there are discounts on V-Bucks, so it’s best that players keep an eye out for them.
- Get the premium Battle Pass.
- The Battle Pass is a system in-game where players get rewards the more they play the game. There are a lot of cosmetics and V-Bucks up for grabs for those who purchase them. The premium Battle Pass costs 950 V-Bucks and gives players 1,500 V-Bucks in return when they get it to the max level. This is a great way to earn extra V-Bucks over time for players who consistently play the game.
- Buy the Save the World game mode.
- Players can purchase the Save the World game mode with real money. There are times when Fortnite offers discounts or bundles that include Save the World, so it’s best to keep an eye out for them. Save the World is like the story mode for Fortnite. It is a PvE game mode where up to four players can work together on defeating waves of enemies to progress through the story. Save the World also offers V-Bucks daily just by logging in. There are also several quests that refresh daily, which give players V-Bucks upon completion.
These are the different ways players can get V-Bucks in Fortnite. While some of them are more costly than others, there are those that are given for free; players just need to put in hard work. Keep in mind not to fall for any scams that advertise free V-Bucks because they might threaten the safety of your account. Get those V-Bucks and have fun gunning enemies down in Fortnite!